8/27/2022

Maybe that's why I've always had to be on fire

In my defense
I've been going at this
With no help
There was literally no way
I've done the best I can
With the few bones that were given
I only wanted the best for everyone
Even now I'm thinking this is a trick
A ploy of Satan to get me to think the hand of my own destruction
Is the slide of hand 
Of my own hand, 
not at least partially his
When I know full well all I wanted was for good
For love
For peace
amidst everything that I couldn't deal with
and face,
Truly couldn't face or see. 
That I was doing all this, not to be a burden!
(And i did a pretty good job!)
It's almost as if everyone begrudgingly goes to me
Because they know, (they know!) the one chick always on fire
Will listen to you with all ears
When they're on fire.
Maybe that's why I've always had to be on fire 

No comments:

Post a Comment