2/24/2012

Flour Tortillas

Where do my morals begin and my sanity, importance and social standing end? Why are my morals important? Are they important to me? Are they more important in the eyes of a stranger that sees me do the right things? Are they important to my family? Are they important to my self identity as a person trying to remain in a semblance of reality here? Who are my morals really important to, really? Because the beginning and end of my morals seems to be mixed up in many different things, when, in the beginning, when I set forth on this journey called whatever it is today, it was God. It was my quest for spirituality. It was the quest to find myself and simply do the right thing. When lately, doing the right thing can be amended and comprised by the whim of someone else's  idea of right and wrong to avoid a conflict. I am who I am or is it that 'am' can be whomever you want her to be to survive another second unscathed? Because, you know, I thought that 'am' was meant for something more.

No comments:

Post a Comment