11/12/2014

The god of letting go and not blaming yourself for everything

When you're not here,
I come out.
I hide in places, you can't see
So I don't distract you from your form
Because
Too often
I see through your eyes
I trip your motions
Before foot falls
I hate everything about you
But I still in your wake
And seep through your veins
Live inside your spleen
And Take up mass alongside you like a loyal servant to fetch water in the middle of the night
I will always be here
I will always beckon to your call
But when you're not here
I come out
I sing
I dance
I think for myself
I sit in a corner, alone
And I have finally learned from years and years of resentment
NOT to fear every moment you may return But to cherish every moment you are not actually here
Because when you're not here,
I come out
Oh I come out!
I sing!
I draw!
I'm me!
When you're not here,
I come out.
I can be me
Oh, I know I've said it
and write it over and over again
But the rejoice is in the spirit
Of letting you go
And not blaming myself for being your loyal servant
When I don't know how to be anything else, sometimes.
And I think in the end,
those who I've yet to thank say,
"Welcome back."


No comments:

Post a Comment