12/30/2011

What Fools We are in Love

What fools we are in love
                Take ten thousand stallions
                       To run through thoughts of us
                                 I feel your hands inside my throat
                                                              You see my eyes
                                                                           Begging myself
                                                                                       To let me go
                                                                 You stand there like a fool
                                                          You watch me watch you
                                              You make gestures as if to leave
                                      What fools when we can't see
                             This painted glass will shatter
To form the knife I dig in with, much too deep

No comments:

Post a Comment