11/04/2011

Oh, You Never Left.

                     

                                 His smile, moved into my hands
                                     His whisper, into my shoulder blade
     
                        Lashes flaked my cheeks,
                            
                                                            His presence layered intermittent sighs.


          But I didn't even see him today.
            He was not there at 3AM.

      Missing those screams, those nightmares

                                                The entirety of a decade encases his absence

                                                   But every word and move he ever made
                                               
                                                        Walked the  very scope of three ocean shores
For me

Inside my memory of denial,

                                     Which has survived these last past years.
                                   ..................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment