5/12/2019

I lived in my own way

You've given me vision
Why have you given me vision?!
Why have you given me this mind?!
Why have you enabled me to see how to fix it?!
Why have you enabled me to know how it's broken?!
When all too often I just move past quickly
Just to get it done
Instead of getting it done right
When I Knew
I KNEW
How to do it
Why did you give me these gifts
When all I did was judge
Those who used their gifts
Imperfectly
When all along
THAT'S ALL, IF ANYTHING, I WAS DOING
And  then to judge those who were even doing at all
What I was afraid to start
You've given me truth
You've given me a brain that understands
And instead of guiding, I judged
Instead of teaching, I pointed fingers
Instead of using my gifts
I played
I laughed
AND NOW I'M CRYING
And am surprised I'm loosing in the biggest game there ever was,
Myself
Instead of living in you alone
I lived in my own way


No comments:

Post a Comment