6/20/2013

I'm glad you want to (yeah) me but that's not what I was hired to do

She said I couldn't . The words 'I won't' 'You can't' 'You aren't' oftened her lips. I lived in infamy of failure, repression, and lost time place and affect on situation. I couldn't dream my own society, my living quarters,  my very personality. It was this or that, had to be done for the family and don't you forget it.
Ten years later how can I change the tranquility of fitted sheets on differently shaped beds? Mask black with purple, green, red or pink? How can I disconnect a line of dissent?
Flavored lipstick, painted nails polka dotted shirts, pants, earrings too dangle for her taste? Worn anyways? No, no, no. Don't draw attention. Don't look too longingly at a good thing not meant for you. Don't be, don't think for heaven sakes don't do. Sit. Abide. Be. And when asked to get to it--get to it!
Life shouldn't be this way. I won't, mother. I won't. I can't. This wasn't what was meant for but was asked of wrongly of you. I'm sorry you said. yes. I'm sorry YOU abided, obeyed, openly, unbiasedly, and without concern. THAT'S NOT WHO I AM! I won't. I won't. I won't. I won't. I won't. I won't. And I don't have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment